Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 1 and Day 2

Day 1

140.

That’s the weight I’m at now. There it is, for all to see. It’s not a “bad” weight and I’m not “obese”. But I’m just over the max I should be for my height. And I know it. And I feel it.

So, yesterday was supposed to be my first day. Despite not getting up early to walk after a night of horrible allergies that kept me up for 3 hours, I did walk before breakfast at a good pace for 30 minutes.

And then it all went downhill from there. We had a birthday party to go to, and though I didn’t overindulge, I certainly didn’t feel good about having that temptation in front of me on my first day. I was exhausted, didn’t have enough groceries in the house and though I had a meal plan laid out and we did go grocery shopping, we still ended up eating crap for dinner.

Yesterday was a write off.

Today, day 2, was better. I walked this morning and ate pretty well all day. I measured my food when I needed to, and took less than I thought I would eat. I felt I had plenty as was glad at each meal that I didn’t eat more than I did. I put my information into the tracker today and got almost all “smiley faces”, which means I met my recommended intakes for everything. I did exceed the amount of sodium I took into today and I didn’t eat enough dairy (which is going to be a problem for me). I was right around 1500 cals, which is about what my doctor recommended for me a few months ago, and that was with a little dessert tonight. I feel satisfied, definitely have more energy already and didn’t have to think TOO hard about what I was going to eat today.

I have to say that I think the tracker is pretty neat. I like that it breaks all the nutrients down so I can see what I've been eating. It would be nice to have a better selection in the food list, and have sugar and fiber totals included in the dietary breakdown. It's still not a "smooth" site to use, but it's ok so far.

Day 3, bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment