Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Marginally derailed. Already.

Argh.
Well, firstly, a meal plan really only works if you actually DEFROST the meat you’re supposed to cook with. However, my improvised back up turned out pretty well. So it was a pretty good save.
Yesterday, we had a day of really bad storms yesterday but I did manage to beat them and get my walk in. The girls and I spent the whole day inside, which kind of worked out well as we were hosting a big meeting here so I needed to get things ready. It’s crazy how much time that takes.

Anyway, I did well all day, but have found 2 shortcomings that keep coming up for me. First, I had a hard time last night restraining myself from snacking at the meeting, even though I’d already had a good dinner. I’m not sure what to do about that, so that I can process it mentally in a way that doesn’t leave me beating myself up.

And the second issue is when I’m tired, and today I’m so exhausted I’ve been yawning alllll day. I didn’t walk this morning because I went to bed late and then slept badly. I decided to sleep an extra hour instead, which hasn’t helped much that I can tell. So today, I dragged through the day, fighting myself from snacking through it, looking for the energy boost, no matter how little, food/sugar would give me. I felt even more tired from the stopping myself from eating.

So, tonight, I will not be walking. I’m going to sit on my butt for a bit, and then I’m going to go to bed early and hope that tomorrow is a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment