Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Update Week 3

After my last sulky post, the rest of this week has gone pretty well. I’ve been eating much better, and feeling better as well. I’m on day 12 of my 14 day T-Tapp boot camp. I think I’m improving in my form and feeling like I’m getting a bit more out of it.

As of yesterday, I’m back down to 141, so I’m down a pound.

I haven’t been walking as much this week, but I’m ok with that. I still feel ok. Once, the T-tapp stuff is done, I can go down to working out every other day and can mix in some walking. Frankly, I was pretty sore from the workouts. The book recommends alfalfa for helping with this, and though initially skeptical, I’ve been taking it and it seems to work. I feel less sore.

This week, I consciously cut back on salt. Not that I add a lot of salt to things, but I cut back even more and watched the products I was eating. I read more labels when I grocery shopped last weekend and deliberately chose things with the lowest sodium. I’m not sure what my actual sodium counts have been, but, it’s been noticeably lower. When I went out for lunch yesterday, I had a burrito and then a few tortilla chips. To me they tasted very salty. I was so thirsty last night I drank double the amount of water I have normally been drinking in a day, but in one night. I felt ill. I did a quick search to see what else I could do, as the water was didn’t seem to be helping much, or rather, wasn’t helping fast enough. The recommendation seemed to be potassium, so I ate a banana. I did feel some relief within about an hour after that. It was a very interesting experience and means that I will continue to watch my sodium intake.

Sweet cravings didn’t seem to be as big of a problem this week. I didn’t abstain completely, but I was fine to just have a few bites of chocolate or something and then to say “I’ve had enough” and truly leave it alone; to feel like I was “done”. I didn’t have that gaping hole where I felt like I just had to have “MORE”. I haven’t had my real “dessert” this week, but we’re going to a birthday party today, so I’ll get to have cake there. I’m looking forward to it. Again, it was a very interesting experience.

So despite not having a whole lot of real, measurable progress, I feel like this week ended more positively than it started, which is a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment