Monday, August 3, 2009

Small meal or power snack

This has been a favourite of mine, since before I started with my new program. I've ressurected it because it's just so good. It works well especially when I'm hungry for more than an apple, but don't want to overeat.

This makes a great as a breakfast too. I'd do 1 cup of yogurt if I was going to have this for breakfast. Usually as a snack, I only have a 1/2 cup.

It does help me get some more dairy in, which I have a hard time with. It's about 300 calories, so it's a bit substantial, but still worth it if you have the tendency to munch on snackies.

Power Snack:

1/2 to 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt (I don't do artificial sweeteners, but you could cut the calories with that if you wanted to.).
1 cup mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries,blackberries... whatever works)
1/3 cup Allbran Bran buds (gotta get that fiber in)
1 tbs chopped nuts (I like walnuts)

It's yummy, crunchy, tangy and a bit sweet. Very satisfying and loaded with good stuff too. I usually have a bit of a smaller lunch and then have this around 2-3 pm to hold me over until dinner time.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment